Saturday, October 26, 2013

No matter where you go, there you are. ~ Buckaroo Bonzai

This has been a week of revelations for me, some for the better some not so much.

I had the distinct pleasure of going out on a date with my (second) best guy, my son Thomas. Last night was the Mother - Son Social at school. We got our Halloween costumes on and headed out. We had a lot of fun, until we got to the dancing portion of the night.

Thomas loves to dance and I love to dance. But I haven't danced or participated in any real physical activity for some time. The past couple of years have been rough, but I underestimated how low my stamina had gotten. A couple energetic dances in and I was done. It was a real eye opener. We stayed for a while and he did have a good time, I just wish that it had gone better on my end.

I have resolved to improve my physical activity, which with winter rolling in early, could be tricky. I will not allow my body to prevent me from spending time with those who matter most to me. I will not embrace the "Thin or Else" message we see in today's society. I will communicate with my children that my reasons are for the purposes of better health. I doubt any of that will be necessary, since they seem well grounded, but I over prepare.

In keeping with the message of self-love and being with my family, the past three weeks I implemented "girl time" with Kate, which has mostly been us doing each other's nails and hanging out for a bit. It has afforded us about an hour of time where we can sit down at a table together, share some physical contact of a nurturing king and talk about whatever. Today Kate told me she really likes doing this. I felt that little thrill of victory, knowing that in the years to come this closeness might ebb and flow, but at least for this moment I know I have beaten this particular level's boss fight.

Being healthy is not just a body or mind thing, it's a holistic and whole person kind of thing. I am happy with who I am on the inside, now I need to get the outside back up to par because there are more adventures waiting to be conquered!

Enjoy Maximized Empowerment!

No comments:

Post a Comment